I was really fortunate when it came to my class schedule this semester...having Thursday and Friday off is so nice! I actually get a 4 day weekend; what more can I ask for?
I am still making myself get up early on these days off though, or else I am going to turn into a sloth: not a sexy quality, I'll tell you that much!
After getting ready for the day, I prepared the meal that I have been wanting to try for quite some time but haven't been able to because I was missing a key ingredient: baking powder.
But yesterday I finally just sucked it up and bought the powder...woo $3.29 was really stretching it; might not be able to afford bus fare for a week now.
I took the risk though so I could make my first oatmeal pancake...inspired by Kath!
1/4 cup quick oats
1/4 cup egg whites (about 2 eggs)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon (to taste)
1/2 mashed banana (optional)
1. Mix all of the ingredients together so that everything is well combined.
2. Let sit for a few minutes in order for the mixture to thicken.
3. Making a circular shape on a heated pan with cooking oil.
4. Pour mixture on and form into a pancake
5. Flip it when you're able to shake the pan with the pancake sliding around...about five minutes
6. Pancake is done when both sides are nicely browned!
7. Throw on your favvourite toppings, baby.
Today I spread on almond butter, a sliced banana and strawberry, a dollop of apple sauce, and maple syrup.
It was absolutely devine. I actually couldn't believe how similar it was in taste and texture to a real pancake, but wayyy healthier. I am definately making this on a regular basis!
Well I must finish getting ready and then I am off to meet a friend to go watch a volleyball game. I lovee men's volleyball...mmmm