Sunday, January 24, 2010

The First Day of the Next 6 Weeks

I woke up today feeling a little uneasy so the last thing I wanted to do was head out to work. However, a sudden thought entered my head which led me to call in to work to see if they needed me at my scheduled time or if I could come in later...thankfully, my manager let me come in later! So I got an extra hour of much needed sleep.

When I finally got myself out of bed, I made a little breakfast --- OATS!



I enjoyed my oats with a big cup of coffee (the last option for being somewhat alert!)

After showering and getting ready, I headed out to work.

On the street car I suddenly realized that an important date had slipped my mind yesterday: my mother's birthday. In a state of panic, I quickly called her to inform her that she has a terrible daughter that loves her very much...

Work was quite slow today...slower than a usual Sunday so I found myself in the kitchen quite a bit munching on quick food finds. I could tell that the chef was getting a little mad when he caught me stealin' carrot sticks from the line...so I immediately ceased from my theivery act!

I worked for a total of 2.75 hours after my manager noticed that I was not a necessary addition to the floor today.

I got home at around 5pm and was quite hungry for dinner.

For dinner tonight I had curry spiced quinoa and butter "chicken"---which was actually just tofu.

I stirfried garlic, red onion, broccoli, red pepper, spinach and zucchini...and then added the pan fried tofu. To that mix, I added a premade butter chicken sauce!

It was quite a delicious meal...the VH sauce wasn't amazing, but I felt like a quick and easy sauce so when I discovered it in the fridge it felt like an instant saviour!

For dessert, I made a quick chocolate chip oatmeal cookie.

Ingredients

1/4 cup oats
1/8 cup egg whites
2 tsp. spelt flour
2 tsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. baking powder
cinnamon to taste
1 tbsp. chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix all of the ingredients and form "dough" into a cookie shape. Put on a greased baking pan.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.



Mmmm...it was so yummy. I see myself as a cookie connoseur...I would choose a cookie over anything anyday. Soft = one goood cookie!

Just to let you all know, today is the first day of the rest of my life...and yours...as from now on you can vote for me to be the next AXE girl online at www.axesummergig.ca. You're able to vote once a day until March 31 and I would really appreciate it if you took one second out of your day to make my dream come true!!!

Thank you, and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment