Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dark Temptation at my Door

On days that I don't have to be early, I still set my alarm so that I get up at a decent hour. However, everytime the alarm goes off I end up hitting the snooze button anyways...Oh well, one day my body will adjust to this new rhythm..

For breakfast today, I made myself up a little cereal salad. It's so wierd; I seriously used to consume this dish like 4 times a day...and now I barely eat it once a month!

In the mix today: Nature's Path Flax Plus, Fibre 1 flakes, Cheerios, All-Bran Original, raisins, walnuts, flax meal, bananas, and strawberries.

It was satisfying as always...but now I know why I have become more enthusiastic abouts oats; I am not ravenous two hours later. Oats stick with you for awhile!!

After breakfast I headed to the gym. Today I did 10 minutes on the bike for warm-up and then 25 minutes of running on the treadmill. After I ventured out of my comfort zone and attempted the rowing machine. Wow--- five minutes later and my arms and butt were really feeling it!

To finish things off, I did some ab work and stretching on the mats.

I headed home for lunch and a shower before my afternoon class.

When I got home there was a large box outside of my door...upon opening, I was overwhelmed with an Axe aroma! Along with the 100's of business cards and stickers they sent me to promote myself, was a whole lot of Axe's new product: Dark Temptation. So be prepared for axe product coming your way...I must say, the new "chocolate" scent for men smells quite sexy---however, there is not even an undertone of chocolate in it. I think they called it that for the colour of the bottle--- rich dark chocolate in colour.

For lunch, I decided to have some tuna...

Stella knew immediately, as she was right at my feet when I cracked open the can.


I gave her the tuna juice...which she slopped up in seconds!



I put some onion, cucumber, caesar dressing, and Sriracha into the mix. I also has a slice of spelt toast with mozarella.

It doesn't look that amazing---in fact, it was pretty simple---but sometimes I love a good simple dish!  And Sriracha can make dirt taste good...

I headed out to my online journalism class after lunch.

Today we blogged about a journalist from the Toronto Star who made a crime and punishment website...I found it pretty difficult as I didn't see him speak yesterday so I was essentially writing in the dark.

I had an apple and a Starbuck's Soy Late while I wrote.

When I got home this evening I put myself together a quesadilla for dinner. The whole wheat tortilla was stuffed with sauted bell peppers, broccoli, red onion, garlic, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese.

I grilled her to perfection as the cheese was oozing out from the sides!

I accompanied the baby with some sour cream, salsa, and Mexican hot sauce...

It was pretty unreal!!

Well I am going to do a little work for class tommorow, and then head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment