Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Night of Art and Good Food

Even though I can handle oatmeal every day, I thought it would be courteous to my guests to switch up breakfast.

So while the girls slept, I made scrambled eggs, sweet potato hashbrowns, and toast.

The hashbrowns were pretty darn good...

I would like to say that we did a lot during the day on Wednesday, but the biggest event was the nap we took at around 3 pm.

I think we could have slept for the rest of the day, but we had to get up to shower as we had to take full advantage of the free art gallery admission on Wednesday evenings.

By the time we got to the gallery we only had an hour so we decided to split up in order to see everything that we were dying to see.

The gallery closed at 8pm --- just in time as I was ready to eat my hand. Knowing that there are several sweet restaurants on Ossington, I decided to drag the girls back to my favourite neck of the woods. We ended up at Pizzeria Libretto as I had heard ONLY good things about this traditional Nepales pizzeria.

When I heard that it would only be a ten minute wait for a table I signed right up as the last time I had tried to get in it was a two hour wait!

The atmosphere in this restaurant is perfect: warm, small, and bustling. It is the perfect place for a business meeting, a girl's night out, a man date, a first date, or quite frankly, whatever you're feeling!

After salivating over every pizza choice on the menu (even though the majority were topped with meat --- let a girl dream, okay!) I decided on the rapini pizza: rapini, goat cheese, black olives, and Ontario Fiore Di Latte Mozzarella. I liked that there wasn't any tomato sauce...an unusual liking as I am quite a saucy girl!!

Chlo and I had a pint too as beer is a must with pizza!

Chloaye and Mariel both got the Duck Confit pizza with Bosc Pear and Ontario Fiore Di Latte Mozzarella.

It looked incredible, and from all of the "mmm's" I suspect that it tasted incredible too.

We felt dessert was necessary as a girl's date isn't really complete without it...We shared the tiramisu and wow! The cream was so thick and rich.

During our dessert, our sweet server informed us that the manager wanted to buy us an after dinner drink...well how could I turn that down! We decided on a raspberry bubbly as Suzy our server told us it went perfect with chocolate.

Even though it was a laid back day and evening, it was probably one of my favourite days! I love going out for amazing dinners and Pizzeria Libretto was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment