Thursday, February 11, 2010

Furry Friend

I saw it in my peripherals...for a second but then it was gone and I thought "I am just seeing things!"

That was until I was half way done my oh-so captivating episode of One Tree Hill and felt something looking at me....(Oh my gosh, I am getting the jitters right now writing about it!!!!)

A MOUSE WAS SCURRYING AROUND ON TOP OF MY DRESSER---IN MY ROOM!!!! I immediately got up from my comfortable position to jump and scream frantically on my bed...I am soo terrified of mice even if they are small enough to step on.

After a mad episode of bed jumping, I ran to my roommate and started banging on her door while screaming...She knows how I get with mice but had no idea that this outrageous scene was because of that.

Once Sarah finally got the words "I-- juustt--sawww--aaa--mooousee!!" out of me she started laughing....Definately not the time to do such a thing! She was supposed to be superman in this scene: sheer disappointment.

Well she finally decided to stop using me as comic relief, she entered the danger grounds: my bedroom --- I stayed curled up in her bed, shaking uncontrollably.

After tearing apart my room, they only caught a glimpse of the sucker once---those things are quick--- so we decided to leave Stella in there to get the job done.

For two hours I sat on the dining room table waiting patiently for Stella to save me...but once it hit the wee hours of the night I started faaading away so I decided it was time to face my fears and sleep with the mouse.

You know they say you gain courage by facing your fears, so why not sleep with my fear---right?

Well, let me tell was not much of a sleep as I just lay there for hours listening to what I thought was the mouse breathing. But it sounded more like a creature 100X its size, so I think I was just imagining least I hope I was. I don't know what I would do if I was greeted by a giant furry friend tonight.

Alright, it's time to back track as it's not very chronological of me to start my post with an evening's event...but I thought it was more exciting than my morning's event: TOAST!

Yes, for breakfast I had toast...So I guess morning was a little more exciting than usual as I didn't bore you, or myself, with another bowl of scrumptious oats. I'm really throwin' a curve ball these days!

I layered some AB and agave nectar on my spelt toast...Mmm, I love that combo; if you haven't tried agave nectar yet then please do. Not only is it sweeter and better than honey or maple syrup, it's lower on the glycemic index so your doing yourself a healthy favour without even realizing it!

I had a side of plain yogurt, banana, and strawberry too in order to add some zing to the mix.

After breakfast, I scurried ---oooh I can't use that word anymore, it's too mouse-like --- headed off to my 10 am class.

We had a two hour lecture on the structure of feature stories and then broke for lunch.

I was smart and packed a lunch today...but I wasn't smart in the sense that I didn't snap a photo. I had some veggie sticks --- broccoli, carrots, and zucchini, some almonds and pretzals, an apple, and a granola bar. It was a whole array of goodies from my kitchen...

We had our feature writing lab after lunch and then were let go at around 3pm. I went out on a birthday present hunt for my girlfriend whose birthday is Thursday; however, I wanted to be ahead of the game...

I got home at around 5:30 pm and had a quick bite to eat as I had to run off to a staff meeting...

I had an open-faced sandwich with spinach, aged white cheddar, veggie deli slices, tomato, and Dijon mustard.

I left a little while later to bear the cold of the night and to go to my evening staff meeting...

The meeting was all about RSP's and company benefits...Some how I was suckered in to signing up for everything. Don't be alarmed if I am homeless by the end of the week as I am not too sure exactly what I signed up for --- Conversing about numbers and life long decisions in english is difficult, let alone in another language. There was definately a language barrier...But, I am "set" for retirement now...or so I have been told.

A few hours later...I stayed for quite awhile as my application process took longest...I headed home to the comfort of my home. Or so I thought.

I had a bowl of cereal when I got home as talkin' numbers really worked up an appetite.

And then my night went down hill...Bloody mouse.

Oh, but while I waited out Stella's hunting process I worked on Challenge #2 for Axe: my "pick-up" face. So be sure to check it will be up on the site soon, along with Challenge #1 chronologically, that would make sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment