Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Show Must Go On

Functional Fixedness--- a cognitive bias that limits a person to using an object only in the way it was traditionally used.

You're either saying she did learn something in Psychology this semester...or you're saying she is going somewhere with this.

And I guess, the answer could be either/or. But, right now, it's the latter.

I realize that even though I am presently without a camera, I do not have to stop posting. A baker doesn't quit baking when he runs out of butter...he finds an alternative: apple sauce or oil.

So a blogger doesn't quit blogging when she breaks her camera...she finds an alternative: a computer.

Who knew that a computer could perform so many tasks...I almost forgot that most lap tops these days come equipped with a little "eye" on top of their screens: a web cam. So instead of just using my computer to stalk people on facebook, I decided that I would also use it to photograph my dinner.

After hours of laying in my bed trying to work off my food baby, I suddenly noticed that I was no longer with-child. In fact, I was hungry...After last night, I didn't think I was ever going to be hungry again [obviously, I was wrong!]

However, with little to no energy, I did not feel like putting together a four course meal with appropriate drink pairings...so I made myself a sangy [that's "sandwhich" in the Flanagan family]

On two slices of toasted whole wheat bread [not the greatest bread I have ever had..but that's what you get when you purchase bread from a grocery store,] I layered on mozzarella cheese, tomato, cucumber, red onion, avocado, sprouts and Yves "turkey flavoured" tofu deli slices. I also spread on some of the chipotle mayo I made the other day, and some Dijon mustard...mmmm. For some greens, I piled a spinach blend onto my plate and dressed it with some balsamic vinegar.



(These pictures are a little lack lustre, to say the least]





Quite frankly, you can never go wrong with a sandwhich. I am SUCH a sandwich person...probably one of my favourite things. Last night I was just talking to a coworker about this in fact, and we decided that there really isn't anywhere to get an amazzzing sandwhich. I find I always make them the best...because I can add EXACTLY what I want in it, rather than saying "extra green pepper...hold the mayo...and ooh, do you have hot sauce!?

However, I am on a mission to find the best sandwhich place in Toronto. http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_sandwiches_in_toronto/

I have already tried Urban Herbivore's sandwhiches (which are UNREAL) but, let's just say I have a busy few months ahead of me.

When I do find the best sandwhich, I'll be sure to give you all the verdict!!

No comments:

Post a Comment