Friday, December 11, 2009

Her Time Had Come to a Much Needed End


After battling the 'cold to the bone' wind to gather my philosophy notes [which were scattered around the city] this evening, I was in dire need of a warm and hearty meal. In order to get some dinner ideas, I decided to browse through the items in my fridge.

Well let's just say I didn't have to look too long or hard, as the "tree" caught my eye before I had a chance to look elsewhere.


(It was also looking a little sad, so I figured that I should probably use it up before it became completely inedible!)

With kale as my main ingrediant this evening, I decided to make a dish that we used to make at home all of the time: Kale and Peanut Sauce. (Obviously with a few alterations as I couldn't remember the recipe entirely.) And for an accompaniment, quinoa!

I went ahead and got my quinoa cooking so that it would be finished by the time the kale was good and saturated! (Quinoa recipe can be found in a past blog called First Snowfall)

For the kale, I started by sautéing red onion and garlic in some olive oil. After a few minutes, I threw in the chopped up kale. Once the kale turned bright green in colour, I added about a tablespoon of natural peanut butter, some tamari sauce, a squirt of lemon juice, and some hot chili flakes. The dish was done when the peanut butter had melted and was nicely distributed throughout!

I fluffed my quinoa with a fork, scooped a good helping of it into a bowl and eventually topped with the oh-so savoury peanut sauce kale!



Eventually, I added some sriacha sauce for a good kick!

After dinner, I was craving a little somethin' sweet...but obviously I had no quick go-to sweets that would suffice so I had to whip something up. I decided on a yogurt parfait which consisted of plain yogurt, blackberries, raspberries, banana, raisins, ground flax seed, frosted flaks, All Bran, AND some maple syrup!



It did the job....I guess!


Oh, and a cup of Bengal Spice Tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment