Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Today I get an A for Procrastination

Alright, clearly I am new at this whole "blogging" ordeal because I have not quite figured the system out. I realize that I need to wait until the evening (when hopefully I have consumed all of my meals for the day) to do my post...as this will be my third one today!

In desperate need of another excuse not to study, I decided to make dinner at around 730 tonight. It was the final meal on my "detox diet," so I did not have much to choose from. However, having done a whole and hearty grocery shop today I was loaded with beautiful vegetables...what to do with those vegetables; that was the question!

I started by sautéing an onion and chopped garlic in some olive oil (a process I tend to begin all of my dishes with even before I know what I am going to make!) With that combo sizzlin', I just started chopping up more vegetables and adding them to the mix: broccoli, orange pepper, and corn.


For some protein tonight, I decided on cubed tofu...so I threw in about a 1/4 cup of it! As you may know, tofu doesn't have a lot of flavour..so I like to douse it with a splash of tamari or soy sauce at the end! I served this veggie/tofu mixture on a bed of spinach leaves (a meal I have become well acquainted with over the past couple of weeks) I put a dollap of my homemade salad dressing (tahini, [ground up sesame seeds] lemon juice, garlic and almond milk), and then sprinkled some hot chili peppers and ground flax seeds on top for some extra zip and flavour!



Lemon Tahini Dressing
adapted from Wild Rose Detox Recipe book

2/3 cup original almond milk
5 tbs. lemon juice
1 garlic clove (I add more!)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup tahini

I used this as a dressing for basically everything during my cleanse because I am a Condiment Queen, and this was essentially the only condiment I was allowed. However, it is realllly good!!

Oh, and I also had a bowl of stove top popcorn tonight...but I did not take a photograph. I am sorry! There really is nothin' like it though...and it makes the whole house smell amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment