Monday, January 25, 2010

Oats in a Jar

Do you know that feeling of sleeping without really sleeping? I don't know how else to describe my sleep last night...I felt like I was consciously up all night as real time thoughts were constantly going through my head.

It was actually more exhausting trying to sleep than it was just getting out of bed, so when my alarm went off bright and early this morning I was able to jump right out---not a common scenario, as you know.

Getting up early gave me enough time to have a shower...Wow, the things you can accomplish by simply arising.

After my shower, I was excited to have a bowl of oats this morning as they weren't actually going to be in a bowl.

Today my oats came to me in a jar.



I stewed some apple in cinnamon first to soften them up, but then I just whipped up the normal batch: oats and bananas.

For the toppings, I sprinkled on some All-Bran Original, raisins, apple sauce, and flax meal. Putting my oats in the almost empty almond butter jar allowed me to scrape down the sides to pick up every last bit! I can't afford to waste any AB....



After getting ready for the day, I headed out to my eight hour day of classes...

It started off terribly boring in my online journalism class where we learned about the invention of the telephone...great little gizmo, let me tell you...

But luckily, it improved in broadcast class.

I snacked on an apple and an oat bar in that class.

When I got home, it was getting close to dinner time so I put together a dish with the last bit of quinoa from last night.

I made a little quinoa salad with tuna, green peas, tomato, cucumber, feta, and olives. I drizzled some lemon juice on top and sprinkled on some dried oregano (and hot sauce of course...)





After dinner I worked on some homework to waste time before volleyball. Intramurals started tonight and unfortunately we were scheduled to start at 10:15 pm.

Fortunately, we won both of our games so that makes up for playing past my bed time...

Well I am going to head to bed. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment