Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Eve Irish Style

After a lovely little Parksville getaway, we got back to Victoria on Christmas Eve because Chlo had to work.

Dad and I dropped Chloaye off at the pub and then went to my grandma's because dad wanted to prepare the turkey stuffing the night before (he was in charge of the Christmas turkey this year!)

After a short visit with Mer and Linda, we went back to my sister's to pick up mom as we were going to Irish Times (the pub my sister works at in Victoria) for Christmas Eve dinner. I had never seen my sister in action at the pub so it was an exciting outing... We met our cousins there too.

We all started the night with a Guinness...being an Irish pub, it only seemed fit. But I switched over to the Winterale for dinner.





For dinner I had a roasted vegetable sandwich and a salad...it was pretty good, but nothing out of this world.



The pub looked so beautiful and festive...it started feeling like Christmas for the first time!



Chloaye got off work at around 9pm and came to join us while mom and dad finished off their beer.

After mom and dad left, Chlo and I stayed with her work friends for a little Christmas Eve celebrating.



We ended the night a few hours later so that we could get up for santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment