Friday, February 5, 2010

Slackin'

Okay, so I have been slacking in the blogging department lately...I will make it up to you!

On Wednesday I had my usual oats in the morning and quite a good greek salad for lunch in the afternoon. But none of those meals could even stand close to what I had for dinner that night. A friend of mine and I whipped up quite an incredible dish.

We baked beautiful salmon filets with ginger, capers, garlic, lemon, and olive oil. Oh my, the ginger and capers were what made it...it was an incredible combination.

On the side we had sauted spinach and onion in a lemon, olive oil, and garlic juice. We also sauted some portabello mushrooms in the leftover juice and added a douse of soy sauce...I love portabello and soy sauce; it makes for a delicious side! We also cooked up some rice to go with the dish...It was heavenly, if I do say so myself.

Later that evening we decided to make a loaf of banana bread...Even though we didn't try it until the morning, it was pretty darn good. Especially with the addition of chocolate chips, and the centre was "medium rare" which makes for a sexy banana bread.

Last night for dinner, I made a "pizza" on a tortilla shell. I used a spinach and cheese tomato sauce for the base and then added spinach, onion, garlic, green and black olives, red pepper, tomato, feta, and old white cheddar for the toppings...

It smelled amazing; so good that my roommate decided that she needed to make one for herself!




For breakfast today I had banana oats...I finally got around to grocery shopping so no more plain oatmeal!

I put plain yogurt, apple, raisins, flax meal, AB and agave nectar on top. It was quite a good bowl of oats!



After breakfast I decided that my room needed a little TLC...A couple hours later and it looks brand new! It's amazing what you can find in clothing piles after weeks of not knowing where they disappeared too...

Cleaning my room worked up quite an appetite. For lunch I had my leftover pizza from last night and a few carrot sticks.



Well I am going to go downtown to the gym.

Tonight Great Lake Swimmers is doing a free show at the Sonic Boom...so I am definately going to try to hit thatt up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment