Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Oh Lahore

I think it's impossible for me to wake up without being physically dragged out of bed...Okay, no. But without having an ACTUAL reason to get up (not just I need to start my day) I will not move. So even though I set my alarm for 8 am today, I hit the snooze button for an hour until I decided to just turn it off and let me wake up naturally. That "natural" arising occurred at 10 am precisely. Well done Flanagan.

I whipped up a bowl of banana oats quickly so that I wouldn't throw off my eating schedule for the day...I mean, if I eat breakfast too late then my whole meal plan for the day is wonked!

I put flax meal, plain yogurt, apple sauce, grapes, raisins, and AB in the mix today...


I also had a nice cup of coffee, of course.



After breakfast I headed out to the gym to get a workout in before my evening class.

I ran on the treadmill for half an hour and then did some rowing...Boy, when you actually do it right, it is quite the killer! My bum was quite sore afterwards.

I had to hurry home to eat lunch and shower.

For lunch I had a tuna melt on spelt bread and some green beans (which I discovered I had after perusing through the vegetable drawer...they weren't old, I had just forgotten as I don't usually purchase them!!) with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper!


During class I snacked on some almonds and an apple to get me through a discussion regarding Facebook privacy...

We then had to write a blog about Facebook privacy...but it turned more into a blog about privacy and the internet...and then into a blog about any aspect of privacy and the internet. We just had to have fun with it.

I finished writing at around 8pm and decided to head home...Unfortunately it had started snowing at some point during the 4 hour class, so it was quite the chilly walk to the bus stop.

From the bus, I headed right to Lahore Tikka House for dinner as I had to get a "scene" for tommorow to report on... Unfortunately it wasn't a hoppin' night so there weren't a lot of real intriguing scenes. The only thing that really stuck with me was my server who decided it was okay to hit on me because I asked for hot sauce---shocking! (But to tell you the truth, I did feel kind of bad asking for hot sauce in an Indian restaurant where they revolve their food preparation around spices...)

For dinner I had a "veggie veggie wrap"...I know it doesn't sound Indian. In fact, it doesn't at all. But when I asked what it was and what was in it I was sold as it was basically everything I wanted wrapped up like a baby --- I didn't want a baby...

The wrap was naan bread (but I got whole wheat rrroooti) with lettuce, palak (spinach), chana masala (chick peas), aloo gobi (cauliflower and potato) and tarka dal (lentils)...It was pretty delish!


I know you wouldn't expect that after receiving this as an "on the house" appy...



I remember my first time going here, I was shocked that they used plastic cutlery and styrofoam for their dinnerware...and then I was served a styrofoam plate of iceberg lettuce and I found it hard to see anything better coming. But I was wrong, and I am glad I gave them a chance because the food is quite good...

Minus the fact that you suffer from mild heart burn hours after consumption...

BUT...it's not a bad place...and it's cheap and authentic! Well as authentic as I know Indian food to be.

Well I am going to go to bed so that I have an easier time waking up tommorow.

1 comment: