Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wed...Cornday

Having class at 11 am, I decided to get up nice and early in order to get in a run before being forced to breathe in the same recycled air as 50 other students in a dark breezy room for essentially five hours straight.

Fortunately this week has seen no tell-tale signs of winter. The sun has been shining everyday all week. It's such a nice thing to wake up to and soak in immediately.

When I got back from my run, I did a few chores and then made up some breakfast. As I told you yesterday, you may be getting a hit (or I may be) of frozen banana puree oats...Well, I wasn't lying. Today I most definately whipped up a frozen banana as I was salivating over it since the last time it touched my lips. I threw in a couple of prunes to add an extra texture and flavour to the ban-puree...

I also added some blueberries, pear (fresh from the farmer's market,) cacoa nibs, flax seed, and walnuts. It was the perfect meal to get me through the morning.

I also had a cup of cof with some agave nectar as I am currently out of almond milk.

Before I headed out to class, I packed up a few things to nibble on throughout the day. Luckily I took out a bean dip last night that ended up being the staple ingredient in my lunch today.

I used it as a dip for tomatoes, carrots, and crackers. I also brought along a bran muffin and a pear.

I got home at around 5 pm today and grabbed a quick snack (rye cracker with a slab of AB) before I headed down to Sobey's for some much needed groceries.

I also chomped down on a feta stuffed jalapeno while I browsed through the aisles as I craved one immediately upon seeing them in the deli window.

After cramming the last item into my grocery bag, I was thankful I stopped shopping when I did. The bike ride home was a little wobbly; one more item may have sent me right over.

For dinner tonight, I had a mexican inspired dish. First off, a delicious corn on the cob...I can't get enough of the stuff. I would give up a limb for a cob o' corn. I drizzled on some coconut oil, and sprinkled on a little cayenne for an extra kick.

Alongside, I had some stirfried garlic, onion, kale, and tomato. I also heated up some more refried beans (the real mexican part of the dish.) For some garnish, I sprinkled on a little bit of cilantro...Mmmm


I also cracked open a birthday present tonight.

That's right, folks...Someone knows me really well. I got some sexy hot sauce straight out of Mexican soil. It was darn good --- But let's just say a little goes a long way. The XXX label is not meant to be a fun little white lie.

Oh my --- The dish was unreal. And the corn...Well, I am still thinking about its goodness. Luckily, I saved half of it for tommorow!

For dessert I went a little nutty. No, but really! I am obsessed with walnuts lately, and dove right in to a bowl mixed in with some chocolate chips, spelt flakes, raisins, and grapes...I'll save you the photo (I didn't actually take one...or three as I had a few servings...)

Well, I must go finish up a project I am in the process of doing...You'll see it on Friday. Maybe I'll do some h/w too...

No comments:

Post a Comment