Monday, June 7, 2010

Herb Encrusted Tofu

After hitting up Kensington Market the other day, I returned home with an aray of spices as I finally found a place that sells them bulk! Since then my meals have turned from blah to amazing...

This herb encrusted tofu is a take on a recipe that a friend just showed me. Even though I didn't use any of the required ingredients (excluding the tofu,) it turned out quite nicely!

I started out with a bowl of cumin, tumeric, dried chili flakes, oats, and flaked coconut. From there I went on to "encrust" the tofu...


To brown each side and enhance the spices, I fried the tofu block in some canola oil.

After removing the nicely browned tofu, I added some kale, spinach, arugula, and mushrooms to the pan in order to soak up the spice-infused oil. I also added some soy sauce.

I dipped the tofu in some Sriracha, of course.


If you're looking for a seriously flavourful tofu dish, this is the one. Feel free to use your own mix of ingredients to encrust the tofu; I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment