Friday, May 28, 2010

A New Take on Hummus

Being a little tight on cash since my big move, I have had to rely on some serious food basics. Let's just say I have eaten a whole lot of peanut butter and pickle sandwiches this month...

So when I went to whip up a batch of hummus, I realized that I did not actually have one of the key ingredients --- tahini. Counting the pennies in my change purse, I was made aware that tahini was probably not a top priority and was forced to find an alternative --- peanut butter.

Spicy Peanut Butter Hummus

1 can (540 mL) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp. water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 tbsp. cilantro
3 cloves garlic, minced
Sriracha, to taste
Pepper
olive oil

1. Place all of the ingredients (except olive oil) in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Drizzle in olive oil until you reach desired consistency. I used about a tablespoon.




I had a salad and a few of Mary's crackers with the hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment