Friday, January 21, 2011

A Mommy-Appoved Cookie Dough

When it comes to junk there is definately a list of things that I COULD say "no" to --- (Let this be known that I don't particularly LIKE saying no...)

But if there is ever a cookie (usually of any kind) in arms reach, there is no way that I could pass it up. Cookies are my definite go-to when I am in a bad mood, in a good mood, hearing a rumble in my tummy, or just simply craving something sweet.

Well tonight --- after finishing off my final cookie last night --- I gathered up the cookie-ingredient essentials and got to work.

Over the Christmas holidays, I baked up a vast array of goods...Everything from pumpkin loaves, to blondies, to chocolate chip dough balls. And let me tell you, those dough balls were irresistable!!! The image of sneaking into the sweets drawer to snatch a dough ball has been burned into my memory...

Even though I did not make the EXACT recipe from that of the holidays...Tonight, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Dough Balls.

Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Dough Balls

Makes 1 dozen

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/8 cup rolled oats (optional)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup mashed ripe banana
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/8 cup gogi berries
2 tbsp. ground flax seeds

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. From the start of the list, combine all of the ingredients (except the oats) in a large bowl.

3. Mix until well combined. It may seem dry in the beginning, but believe me, it gets really wet. When everything was fully mixed, I added some rolled oats to add a soaking up ingredient.

3. Drop dough (about a tablespoon)balls onto a well greased cookie sheet. This dough was far wetter than last time so I was litterally dropping clumps of dough onto the sheet rather than rolling the dough into perfectly shaped balls.

4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until they are lightly browned on top.


* Remember that these cookies are egg-free so you really just have to bake them until they are brown and warm...It's okay for them to be undercooked as that's what makes them stay gooey like chocolate chip cookie dough!!!

Let yourself savour that little baby of goodness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment